G1-Winning Millionaire and Classic Colt
Click Image for Larger
2010 Florida Champion Three Year Old
2011 Grade 1 winner and dual Classic colt FIRST DUDE represents the best in class and toughness that the Thoroughbred has to offer.
The Double Diamond homebred continually faced the best runners of his generation, and emerged at the head of the class:
- A leading First-Crop sire of 2015, his first four winners all took Maiden Special Weight races, at Saratoga, Gulfstream Park, etc.
- Multiple Graded SW - won or placed in eight Graded stakes, including the Preakness-G1, Belmont-G1, Travers-G1, Haskell-G1, Blue Grass-G1 and Hollywood Gold Cup-G1.
- Won his last three career starts at Santa Anita, Churchill and Hollywood, culminating in a tenacious victory in the prestigious Hollywood Gold Cup-G1.
- Earned $1,442,140 defeating the best of several generations, including G1 winners Quality Road, Jackson Bend, Paddy O'Prado, Haynesfield, Game On Dude, Super Saver, Twirling Candy, Dublin, Ice Box, Awesome Gem, Giant Oak.
- Missed winning the Preakness-G1 by 3/4 (to Lookin At Lucky), the Belmont-G1 by 1 length (to Drosselmeyer), the Pennsylvania Derby-G2 by a neck (to Morning Line).
- #1-Ranked older male of 2011 on Watchmaker Watch - until his retirement
- Won or placed in 13-of-17 starts, ages 2, 3, and 4
- Posted Triple Digit Beyers in Graded stakes at 3 and 4
- Direct descendant of Uvira II, ancestress of A.P. Indy, Raja Baba, Lemon Drop Kid, Summer Squall, et. al.
- Bred to 282 mares in 2013-14, more than any Florida stallion
First Dude News
Monday, February 01, 2016
South Ozone Park, New York (January 31, 2016)--- Coffeepot Stable’s three-year-old filly, Flora Dora, took a big step on her trail to the Kentucky Oaks with a victory in the $100,000 Busanda Stakes at Aqueduct Sunday.
Monday, January 04, 2016
Ocala, Florida (January 4, 2016) --- Double Diamond Farm's sensational freshman sire First Dude went over the $1 million mark in progeny earnings over New Year's weekend, when Aggressive Driver finished fourth in the $100,000 Much Macho Man Stakes at Gulfstream Park. Only three other freshman sires have reached that milestone in North America.
Friday, December 11, 2015
Ocala, Florida (December 11, 2015)--- With three juveniles entered this weekend, Double Diamond Farm’s sensational freshman sire First Dude could hit the million dollar milestone in progeny earnings by Saturday evening.
Monday, December 07, 2015
Los Alamitos, California (December 5, 2015)--- When two-year-old filly Skye Diamonds broke her maiden Saturday at Los Alamitos Racecourse, she became the 700th winner for owner Donald R. Dizney. It was particularly fitting that the pretty chestnut was sired by another Dizney homebred, the sensational First Dude.
Wednesday, December 02, 2015
Ocala, Florida (December 2, 2015)--- Freshman sire First Dude is the only Florida-based stallion with representatives on both the Kentucky Derby (G1) and Kentucky Oaks (G1) leaderboards.
Friday, September 04, 2015
Saturday at Gulfstream Race 6
Green Wave will make her debut for trainer Rory Miller, Owner: Mr....
Thursday, August 06, 2015
First year sire First Dude’s runners continued to impress as the calendar turned to August, with four winners in the first six days of the month...
Sunday, August 02, 2015
First Dude’s stellar first crop continued to impress on Saturday with a pair of 2-year-old maiden special weight winners...
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Klingon Warrior powered to a 5 1/2-length win in his debut July 28 at Parx in a five furlong maiden special weight contest to give First Dude his second winner from his first crop...
Monday, December 03, 2012
Bahamian Squall romped yesterday in the Sunshine State S $100,000 GPX. The colt is 1/2 to Squall City (Carson City), SW, $173,190...
Friday, October 19, 2012
OBS Mixed sale topper was Hip No. 35, a weanling colt by Scat Daddy consigned by Bobby Jones Equine LLC, Agent, sold to Tom McCrocklin, Agent, for $55,000. The chestnut colt is out of Placerita, by Gilded Time, a half-sister to stakes winner Singing Heart...
Tuesday, October 09, 2012
Hurricane Ike won the Michael G Schaefer Memorial Mile, his dam Parental Uproar in in foal to First Dude
Wednesday, August 01, 2012
The 2012 breeding season was a success, First Dude bred 131 mares and 120 in foal.
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Successful Song placed in the G2 Molly Pitcher, she is out of the Stakes winning mare Song For Annie, who is in foal to First Dude
Friday, July 27, 2012
Marstons Mills broke his maiden at Monmouth Park he's out of the Tiznow mare, Tiznow's Info, she is a 1/2 to Outstanding Info. Tiznow's Info is in foal to First Dude
(.pdf opens in new window)
First Dude Generational Pedigree
Won at 3
A maiden special weight race at Gulfstream Park (8f, by 2 3/4, defeating The Director, Don Cavallo, Marching Tune, Tiz Mine, Gothics Peak, Key to the Empire, Illuminated Sky, Buzzin Ready).
2nd at 3
Preakness S (gr-I, 9.5f, to Lookin At Lucky, defeating Jackson Bend, Yawanna Twist, Dublin, Paddy O'Prado, Caracortado, Super Saver, Schoolyard Dreams, Aikenite, Pleasant Prince, Northern Giant).
- Pennsylvania Derby (gr-II, 9f, to Morning Line, defeating A Little Warm, Exhi, Afleet Again, Severe Weather).
3rd at 3
- Belmont S (gr-I, 12f, to Drosselmeyer, Fly Down, defeating Game On Dude, Stay Put, Interactif, Stately Victor, Ice Box, Make Music for Me, Dave in Dixie, Spangled Star, Uptowncharlybrown).
- Travers S (gr-I, 10f, to Afleet Express, Fly Down, defeating Afleet Again, A Little Warm, Friend Or Foe, Miner's Reserve, Ice Box, Trappe Shot, Super Saver, Admiral Alex).
- Izod Haskell Invitational S (gr-I, 9f, to Lookin At Lucky, Trappe Shot, defeating Super Saver, Afleet Again, Ice Box, Our Dark Knight).
- Toyota Blue Grass S (gr-IA, 9f, to Stately Victor, Paddy O'Prado, defeating Interactif, Codoy, Make Music for Me, Pleasant Prince, Aikenite, Odysseus).
Won at 4
- Hollywood Gold Cup H (gr-IA, 10f, defeating Game On Dude, Twirling Candy, Setsuko, Awesome Gem, Dark Cove, Miss Match, Soul Candy).
- Alysheba S (gr-III, 8.5f, defeating Regal Ransom, Equestrio, Awesome Gem, Giant Oak, Caracortado, Mission Impazible, Wise Dan, Demarcation).
- An allowance race at Santa Anita Park (8.5f, by 2 1/2, defeating Kevlar Kid, Coo Cachoo, Royal F J, Erbeia, Fog Alert, Isle of Prado, Hot Damon, Rauschenberg, Ducane).
First Dude Alan Porter Pedigree Analysis
Click Image for Larger
First Dude is a grade one
winning and multiple classic placed performer. He is by a Champion
siring son of A.P. Indy, and from the great family of Uvira II,
ancestress not only of A.P. Indy, but also classic winner and classic
sire, Summer Squall; Leading Sire Raja Baba; Champion and prolific
stakes sire Lemon Drop Kid; Leading Sire Al Mufti; and a total of at
least 15 grade one sires.
First Dude is free of Northern Dancer
, as is his sire, Stephen Got Even, and Stephen Got Even has enjoyed considerable success with mares from the Northern Dancer
line. His Champion Two-Year-Old Stevie Wonderboy is out of a mare by A.P. Indy's half-brother, Summer Squall
, giving inbreeding to their dam, Weekend Surprise. Summer Squall is bred on the same cross as Storm Cat
, so mares descending from that horse look a natural fit here (with proven crosses including Tale of the Cat
, Tabasco Cat
, Storm Creek
, and Forestry
). Out of mares from other branches of the Northern Dancer
line, Stephen Got Even also has a graded winner out of a mare by out of a mare by Al Nasr
), a stakes winner out of a mare by Danzig Connection
), and a stakes winner out of a mare by Silver Deputy
(by Deputy Minister
, who has also worked under A.P. Indy through Dehere
and Awesome Again
). Other branches of the Northern Dancer line which have worked well with A.P. Indy include Nijinsky II
, Dixieland Band
, Sadler’s Wells
(through El Prado
), and El Gran Senor
. A.P. Indy has also had a graded stakes winner out of a mare by Clever Trick
, who is by Northern Dancer's fellow Nearctic son, Icecapade
First Dude is out of a mare by a son of Mr. Prospector
crossing a stallion back over mares from his own broodmare sire line can
work well. Stephen Got Even sired grade one winner I Want Revenge is
out of a mare by Roy
, a son of Fappiano
, and from the same line he also has a stakes winner out of a mare by Grindstone
), the sire of Birdstone
. We can also note that the the A.P. Indy line has enjoyed excellent results when crossed over mares descending from Fappiano
through Quiet American
(who would be particularly interesting here, and who is already broodmare sire of a stakes winner by a son of Stephen Got Even),
and Unbridled’s Song
. Stephen Got Even ha a grade one winner out of mare Miswaki
, and three stakes winners from mares by Seeking the Gold
(like Miswaki, out of a Buckpasser mare), as well as stakes winners from daughters of Thunder Gulch
and Two Punch
(sire of Smoke Glacken
). Other sources of Mr. Prospector
to work under A.P. Indy include Forty Niner, Machiavellian
, Silver Ghost, Woodman
and Distinctive Pro
. Stephen Got Even also has a stakes winner out of a mare by Jeblar
(descending from Mr. Prospector’s sire, Raise a Native
, through Aldyar
A P. Indy line stallions beginning to enjoy success with mares from the Turn-to/Hail to Reason
line. From the Halo
branch Stephen Got Even has a graded winner out of a mare by Jolie’s Halo
and a stakes winner out of a mare by Irgun
, suggesting trying mares by Halo’s Image
and Saint Ballado
and his sons.
Over this line he also has a stakes winner out of a mare by a son of Roberto
. The Stop the Music/Cure the Blues
branch could work here too.
Stephen Got Even also ). He has a multiple stakes winner out of a mare by Java Gold
(a grandson of Graustark
), and A.P. Indy line stallions have done well with mares descending from Graustark’s brother, His Majesty
, through Pleasant Colony
and his son, Pleasant Tap
Mares by Regal Classic
and Sky Classic
would give inbreeding to the family of First Dude’s broodmare sire, Smart Strike
. We can also note that First Dude is half-brother to a stakes winner by Orientate
, a son of Mt. Livermore
(from the Blushing Groom
First Dude Research Links